Song 24

The final song to sum up the journey, written as a letter to Claudia Toni - an cultural activist in Sao Paulo, Brasil. This whole 24 hours could not have been done without superb support from the whole team at LICA - Mat, Fiona, Jamie and Steph and the great techno at LU. Thankyou.

17th May 2011 at 11:47
Song 23

For the past 5 years a group of artists and producers have worked with an inspirational leader called Chris May. He tragically died just 2 weeks ago and this song in celebrating the group also celebrates the man himself. (This is a picture of many of the people as they listened to the song from a meeting in Burnley!)

17th May 2011 at 11:44
Song 22

Inspired by a short text from Hugh saying do something about the Education Policy. A few more suggestions grew into this mad rant.

17th May 2011 at 11:37
Song 21

I love my children and only hope that they find the happiness that in have found in my life.  This is a simple reflection on that - could be for them all but it's really focussed on one. Love you ! (There is an insert in this as the Radio Lancashire interviewer Graham tells me how he is 'living his dream')

17th May 2011 at 09:23
Song 20

My great friend Hugh in Torquay requested this song and then his and my friend Jim Pyewell in Nairobi got online last night with a strange tale about antelopes... it all conspired to make this music hall mayhem of fun.

17th May 2011 at 09:20
Song 19

The whole concept of writing letters in this 24 hours came from the conversation with Odile from Rwanda that is told in this song. I hope that this is the start of a collaboration.

17th May 2011 at 09:10
Song 18

I watched the Euro as I do year after year after a tradition with my dear friend Adrian Mitchell. Now I chat with Sasha on the phone and we compare notes and thoughts. This time there were 2 songs that I liked. One from Serbia and the great Ska explosion of the Moldovan song. Sash challenged me to do my version and looking at the original lyric I quite liked the form. Here it is... with a bit of an apology for the last few months of MY life...

17th May 2011 at 07:09
Song 17

I spent 4 days in Salzburg with a Global gathering discussing and playing music (a little). There was a wonderful Russian composer and improvisor called Anton Batagov and we spent a very happy bit of time with 4 hands at the piano. This is for him (not as good as his music but was written in half an hour!) and also a link to his website !  www.batagov.com

17th May 2011 at 04:12
Song 16

That was a sweat ! going to have to re-record it to clear out the mess. An interesting lyric combination of many elements but the chords were a last minute addition... ouch... It was made from ideas sent by facebook and skype from Wingo and Sally (pictured) in Hong Kong. Good morning !

17th May 2011 at 03:22