A week of dandelions

I've been around on site since monday and have explored the grounds, collected specimens and discussed the project with a number of people from different departments. All in all a good week.

13th May 2011 at 09:53
planning for the Full Moon

I spent yesterday in the company of many many friends at the funeral of a great man. He stays in my mind all the time and his smile and great humour are a constant reminder of life's energy at its greatest. Because of the funeral I postponed this 24 hours to next week and so... it coincides with the full moon.

13th May 2011 at 08:23
Day 4 of Curate the Campus: Imitating the Dog Open Rehearsal

Lancaster and Leeds based Theatre company Imitating the Dog (http://www.imitatingthedog.co.uk/) are in residence throughout the first week of Curate the Campus (#curatethecampus) at the Nuffield Theatre and today they held an open rehearsal into the development of their new show: 6 Degrees below the horizon'.

12th May 2011 at 19:50
first emails out

Yesterday I went with Liam, who is on a work placement with us, up to the Tower to meet Steph and set up some instruments and check out the camera and the set up in the room. We chatted on the way through Lancaster - he had never been to the uni - about getting lost. He wasn't phased by the idea of the new songs. We hauled my piano up to the top floor (by lift) tried out the sound and left very quickly!

12th May 2011 at 06:09
Planning the time zones

Yesterday spending time with fellow songmaker Hugh as we attended a meeting in Gateshead I asked 'How much would you prepare?'.

11th May 2011 at 07:32
starting to connect and build expectation

I've felt silent
and a bit dumb mouthed
for the last week
Now I need to start to build an online international audience...

9th May 2011 at 19:34
Day 1 of 'Curate the Campus' Invisible Flock and Manuel Vason

Today was the opening day of Curate the Campus (#curatethecampus) and despite an indifferent weather, Invisible Flock's After the beep is up and running in Alex Square along with the Manuel Vason's 'Becoming an Image'

9th May 2011 at 17:53
Curate the campus

For the first time the other day I could play Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff's 'Summertime' with it being properly sunny for the first time this year! This made me feel very happy inside.

9th May 2011 at 14:37
7 days to go

I am storing up stories in my head. It has been a tough week and the next one won't be much easier.

8th May 2011 at 22:26