Drunken Nights: Call for artists
Call for artists - DRUNKEN NIGHTS III
An exciting series of live events and development opportunities, supporting early career artists to create new performance work for pubs.
- Drunken Chorus are seeking new contemporary performances and live art pieces from early career practitioners - created specifically for a pub setting.
- DRUNKEN NIGHTS is now in its third year, and is expanding to take place in both LONDON and LANCASTER.
- Work should initially be 10 minutes or under, low tech and in the early stages of development.
- We will select up to 14 performances to be shown in The George Tavern (London) in Nov/Dec 2014, and up to 7 performances to be shown at the Wagon & Horses (Lancaster) in December.
- We will then select the 3 most promising artists/companies, and provide them with development support, rehearsal space (in London or Lancaster), up to £1,000, and 3 half-day mentoring sessions. This year’s mentors are Louise Mari (Shunt), Jon Haynes (Ridiculusmus) and A Smith (performance maker and regular collaborator with Tim Crouch). Support also includes advice / feedback with Drunken Chorus.
- The 3 pieces of developed work will be performed as a triple bill in London and Lancaster in March 2015.
- Drunken Nights is supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England, Live at LICA, Rich Mix, Studio Film School and Arts City.
Download the full brief and application form here: http://drunkennightsblog.wordpress.com/opportunities/call-for-artists/
DEADLINE: 9am, Monday 20th October 2014
If you have any questions or problems, of if you would like further information please contact:
Sheena Holliday: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be interested in our Call for comperes